APMG, the governing body for PRINCE2, recently came up with the option where students can take the PRINCE2 examinations online – both PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner. I was very interested in this format as it has some very obvious benefits:
1. You do not need to take the hassle of commuting to the exam center – be it a training center of an ATO or one conducted by APMG
2. I am very comfortable taking online exams – they are typically faster and have more functionality than pen and paper exams. For e.g., you can quickly see if you have answered all questions, flag questions for review as well as cycle through unanswered/flagged questions – you do not get all these in a pen and paper format.
The whole examination process – right from registration to receiving the results was very smooth. tutoring
- You need to book your exam with APMG and mention that you want to take the exam online.
- You will receive an email from APMG with login details. If your ATO is managing this for you, they will receive the email which they will forward to you.
- A software of size 10.8 MB downloads – called Remote Proctor, and you need to allow it to install. Once it does, it asks you for the Authorization Code (which was sent with the registration email).
- After that, it asks for permission to switch on the webcam and mike.
- It next asks you to take a photo using the webcam (the video from the webcam is displayed) and following that, asks to take a photo of your photo ID. You have to confirm that the photo is clear and can be used for verification by checking a check box.
- After that, it asks you to rotate the webcam all around the room to show that there are no study materials nearby. So one needs to rotate the webcam properly and click ‘Completed Room Scan’. The scan then gets saved I believe for later review.
- Candidates can see a sample test screen by clicking on a link which is displayed there. One can flag a question, change their answers etc. as long as the time is running. At the top of the screen, there are 75 numbered boxes which turn green as and when you complete an answer. At the end, to answer all the flagged questions, you can click on ‘Next Unanswered’ button and cycle through all the unanswered questions.
- The exam results are instantaneous.